Friday, December 30, 2011

Seltzer as a political statement!


This is how it starts.

"Dear Arlington List,


I know that he Sodastream/Sodaclub kit for creating carbonated water or soda
has become popular recently, but I recently learned that the company is
headquartered and does their manufacturing in the Occupied Territories,
which is just over the top for me -- I'm not looking to start a list
discussion of Israeli politics but there is no way I want to economically
support such a company!


But at this point I have the equipment, so I either need to purchase new
carbonation equipment, or find a place that will pressurize my CO2
cannisters. I can't find a good alternative for the equipment, but I think
there has to be somewhere around here, other than a Sodastream reseller that
will pressurize the cannisters. Any thoughts?"

 NAME REDACTED

 And this is what happens next.


"Well you just did start a "list discussion of israeli politics" so you
don't get immunity from sharing nonsense with a community of people who
don't care to hear it.


If you want to focus on facts, SodaStream is manufactured in an industrial
area 15 miles east of Haifa, well within the pre-1967 borders and in Israel
proper. If you want to call all of Israel "Occupied Territories," then you
have a whole different set of problems to contend with. Probably find a
more sympathetic ear in Tehran or Damascus (inside the Presidential Palace,
I assume).


So in short, take your Israel boycott bull-s##t off the board. Find your
CO2 at a Williams Sonoma, and BTW, if you really want to boycott Israel,
stop using your computer, because they made the chipset, your Kindle,
because the e-ink was invented in Israel, many medicines you're probably
taking and a few more items i can think of."


NAME REDACTED

1 comment:

TJIC said...

I f___ing love that response.

Post a Comment