Thursday, February 16, 2012

How earnest are you?

Well, it finally happened and the fine people of Arlington have discovered this blog. 

There has been much said on the world famous list about the blog, everything from, "Alert google! We are being violated!" to "OMG! That blog is hilarious!". It is these disparate reactions which make the Arlington list the amazing creation it is- a place of reaction and consideration, humor and concern.

The blog was started at the urging of many friends and list members who would privately laugh at the often unselfconsciously hilarious posts. Emails offering free used greeting cards and concerns about outdoor cats making love in kale are pure comedy.

I spent many wonderful years in Arlington and the list was no small part of it. I will continue to post. I will continue to redact names. I will continue to laugh sometimes at posters, but more often with posters. There's no place like Arlington and the Arlington List is its finest creation.




5 comments:

Eric Helmuth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric Helmuth said...

Actually, most of the comments on the list are from good people who find the tone of the blog kinda mean spirited, and not really so much the lighthearted fun I think you intend.

alice said...

We, as a culture, need the piss taken out of us every now and then. SNL! Regretsy! Failblog!

I, for one, have had one of my tattoos featured on the failblog's awful tattoos page. It's an image of a hammerhead shark, with the text "I am a hammerhead shark". Many folks were making fun of the fact that it's SO REDUNDANT AND OBVIOUS OMG, THIS PERSON IS A LOSER. I joined right in and commented along with them :)

Chrissy said...

I'm so glad you are going to continue to post. I unsubscribed from the Arlington List awhile ago due to sheer volume. I have been missing the ridiculous posts since they do bring me such a chuckle. I do not think you are being mean spirited at all and anyone who reads your blog and thinks so takes themselves a little too seriously. IMHO. Keep up the great work.

Amy Copperman said...

I love Arlington too and I think your blog is great! My friends and I have been privately circulating some of the Arlington List and Arlington Parents' List posts for years (used cloth diapers anyone?). Keep it up!!

Post a Comment