Saturday, February 4, 2012

I would eat them on the Arlinton list!

Now this chick is awesome, because she gets how silly her offering is.

"Sometimes it can be cathartic to confess one's mistakes in public.  I
made a mistake recently.

At CVS I purchased "Eggies" - yes, the As Seen On TV, Hard Boil Eggs
WITHOUT The Shell, NEVER PEEL A Hard Boiled Egg Again "Eggies."

The box proclaims:  So Fast!  So Easy!

Hah!

Turns out, Peeling A Hard Boiled Egg is a breeze, a delight in fact,
when compared to the complicated procedure of using, and then cleaning
up, the aforementioned "Eggies."  They have not made my life easier.
I will, in fact, be peeling hard-boiled eggs for the rest of my life.
By hand.  Happily, from here on out, now that I have seen the
alternative.

The entire kit of 6 "Eggies" is yours if, after this
less-than-flattering message, you still want them.  BONUS!  Egg
Separator for Healthy Egg Whites included in the box.  I will forward
the address of my porch to the first person-to-repeat-my-mistake, er,
that is to say ... responder ;)

Enjoy your weekend,"
NAME REDACTED


Of course, people had helpful suggestions for making hard boiled eggs, which I am pretty sure the original lister could have done without.

"I haven't seen Eggies on TV but I think I'll pass. However an easy way to peel hard boiled eggs is when you take them out of the hot water, light crack the shell and drop them into cold water. Wait a few minutes and the shell should easily pop off. If you peel them in the cold water, they are extremely easy to peel."

NAME REDACTED

"The biggest "trick" is not using very very fresh eggs.

Wait a couple days to a week with them raw in the fridge then they are far,
far easier to peel.

The membrane needs to release from the shell before it will release from
the albumen when it's boiled.
"


NAME REDACTED

"Your post is certainly not a recommendation for this product, and I have
never seen it advertised or "up close."  Hard boiled eggs to me are not
too difficult, but when I have wanted a number of really nice, perfectly
peeled HB egg, and I'm busy cooking a bunch of other stuff (for me,
pretty much only for my Passover seder), I've bought peeled HB eggs at
Trader Joe's, for not much money.  (I think about $2 for 6 eggs).  Near
the salad stuff.
"

NAME REDACTED

No comments:

Post a Comment